Tips and Resources from CTC Parents
January 27, 2017
Subscribe To This Newsletter
Being the parent or caregiver of a child with special needs can be extremely challenging. Many CTC families are adept at finding online resources and support groups to join, and we’ve asked them to share their suggestions below. Please note that these are merely suggested resources shared by the families we serve and are not necessarily endorsed by CTC.
We also have a parent support group on Facebook! Current and former CTC parents and caregivers are welcome to request membership in this closed group.
Do you have a resource to share? Please let us know!
- From foundations and grants to books, bikes and benefits – a big list of places that can help out with free stuff for kids with disabilities! http://www.meriahnichols.com/free-stuff-kids-disabilities/
- Autism Support Group in Maple Valley meets the last Thursday of every month – call Robin for more information at 206-715-0136.
- Facebook support group for children with Sensory Processing Disorders run by Jeanette Baker, the mother of children with special needs: https://www.facebook.com/sensoryprocessingdisorderparentsupport/about
- Facebook support group for parents of children with ADHD: https://www.facebook.com/adhdsupportgroupforparents
- Special Connections from the Northwest is a closed Facebook group for families in WA, MT, OR, and ID with special needs children and adults. It is a place to connect, share knowledge and supplies.