Young children with developmental delays or disabilities make great progress when they receive therapy and early learning support. And parents who have access to information and resources related to their child’s development feel more confident and less stressed.
But not all children receive services before they turn three, and some that do require additional services before kindergarten. Finding services and programs for children aged 3-5 years is a challenge for many families.
We can help!
Boost is a short-term program that helps families and children in South King County connect to services between age 3 and their first day of kindergarten. Our Family Navigators and Special Educators provide educational support to children while helping families identify and enroll in long-term community supports including pediatric therapies, school district services, community preschools and playgroups, financial resources, basic need supports, and more.
Is Your Child Eligible?
Your child may be eligible if they meet the following requirements:
- Are between the ages of 3-5
- Have a developmental delay or disability or concerns about development
- Live in South King County
- Need support connecting to early childhood education, therapy, or other programs.
Our team will evaluate your child’s developmental progress to determine if Boost is right for your child. We will make a plan to address your needs.
- Some families need to find a preschool program, or learn how to get into school district programs. Others might need help with transportation to appointments or to locate a play group for their child or a support group for parents. Our program staff will connect you to helpful local resources that will benefit you and your child.
- Our team will provide the support and guidance you need to determine which early learning program is best for your child.
- In some cases, we will provide short-term educational support as part of group classes or individual sessions with you and your child
- Services continue until your child is enrolled in an appropriate long-term early learning program.
There is no cost to enroll in the Boost program. Interpreter services are available.
Contact us today for more information or to speak with a provider! Call 253-854-5660 or email email@example.com