Monday, November 14, 2022
Subscribe To This Newsletter
Upcoming CTC Closure Dates
Please note that all CTC centers and services will be closed on Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25!
Parent to Parent Program at The Arc
Are you a parent or caregiver seeking extra support? In addition to CTC’s private Parent Support Group, we want to share that The Arc of Washington State offers an excellent support program for parents called Parent to Parent. Services offered include:
- Emotional support for parents of children with special needs.
- Information and referrals to community resources.
- Trained Helping Parents whose parenting experience match yours as closely as possible.
- Social and recreational events.
- Current information on disabilities, medical conditions and community resources.
- Training for parents who would like to become Volunteer Helping Parents.
- Public awareness and outreach to the community regarding individuals with special needs and/or disabilities.
Support for parents and caregivers of children with special needs is so important. Please add as many resources as you can to your self-care list!
Have You Met Ms. Rachel?
Does your child love Cocomelon — but are you ready for an alternative? Meet Ms. Rachel! Rachel has masters degrees in both music education and early childhood education. She has created a series of learning videos for babies and toddlers that help children learn letters, numbers, colors, animal sounds, and more! Rachel uses play, nursery rhymes, and children’s songs and techniques recommended by speech therapists and early childhood experts. We especially love that she includes sign language.
Check out her Songs For Littles channel for a selection of videos.