Do you want to learn more about CTC's telehealth services? These videos explain what virtual visits look like and how they are used to help you and your child make progress when in-person visits are unavailable.
Health and Safety Guidelines for CTC Services
May 2, 2022
ESIT Program Update (0-3 services)
We are ready to begin our Stage 3 Service Delivery Model. As of May 2, 2022 we will begin the transition to full in-person services. Your child’s CTC team will contact you to support this change. If you have any questions, please ask us. We are here to support. We thank you in advance for your patience as we shift to this new service delivery model.
Center Program Update (3-18 services)
There are no new changes to the Center Program service delivery.
Required Health Screening
Children’s Therapy Center will not be able to provide services in-person if you answer Yes to any of the following health screening questions.
1. In the past 10 days have you, your child, or anyone in your home tested positive for COVID-19 or been directly exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
2. In the last 48 hours have you, your child or anyone in your household:
· Had a cough?
· Had shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
· Had a fever or chills?
· Had shaking with chills?
· Had congestion or a runny nose?
· Had any muscle pain (with unknown reason)?
· Had a headache?
· A sore throat?
· Lost the sense of taste or smell?
· Had nausea or vomiting?
· Had any diarrhea?
If you answered “Yes” to any of the health screening questions above, we cannot meet in-person. Please tell your provider or contact Children’s Therapy Center so we can reschedule your visit or arrange a telehealth visit.
The following health and safety guidelines are still required for all programs:
1) Healthscreens: Please let us know if you are sick and need to move your visit to ZOOM or cancel.
2) Masks: We are a health care facility. Wearing a mask remains a requirement from the Department of Health.
We remain committed to supporting your child and family in the safest way possible and appreciate your support. Please reach out to your providers if you have any questions. We look forward to working with you.