July 17, 2020
Dear CTC Families,
The past few months have been challenging for us all. However, the way CTC provides services to families in the future will be different in many ways. There will be new health and safety rules to follow whether your child receives services in the center or at home. Your therapy team will share more details about these rules soon.
CTC serves children ages 0-3 in its Early Intervention program and children over age 3 in its center program. Please see important updates for each program below.
Early Intervention Services (Ages 0-3)
CTC will continue offering Early Intervention services PRIMARILY through tele-intervention (with limited exceptions) until further notice. However, in order to meet the needs of all families, we will begin providing limited in person services as an exception based on medical necessity on July 27th. Your CTC team will contact you if your family is eligible for limited in person services. Exceptions include: urgent feeding needs that can’t be met virtually, complex physical and positioning needs, orthotics and AAC evaluations, barriers to accessing tele-intervention, and complex vision services that can’t be met virtually.
- This decision was based on guidelines required by ESIT (Early Supports for Children and Toddlers), the governing organization for Early Intervention Services throughout the state of Washington. More information from ESIT is currently available: English, Spanish, Amharic, Arabic and Vietnamese. Additional translations can be found here.
- Please talk with your therapy team if you have questions or concerns.
- If you are a parent who has decided to wait to receive services until they can be delivered in-person, we encourage you to try tele-intervention. We want to be sure that important time is not lost during this period of rapid developmental change in your child’s life.
- All playgroups and classes normally held in the buildings continue to be hosted remotely until further notice.
- Please visit our Facebook page for live and recorded Play & Learn sessions and other fun, interactive activities for you and your child!
Center Based Services (Ages 3+)
- We will gradually reopen our centers reopen our centers following a modified schedule in July to treat children ages 3 and older. Please speak with your therapy team to determine when or if it is safe for your child to resume in-person services.
- Families not comfortable returning to the center for therapy may continue with tele-intervention sessions. Please talk with your therapy team about options.
- There will be new health and safety rules for visiting CTC’s centers. Your therapy team will share more details with you soon.
In the meantime, there are ways you and your child can get ready to GO! Let’s get started with a few basic skills: washing your hands and wearing a mask.
CTC follows the recommendations of the Washington State Department of Health, the Centers for Disease Control, and our partner health agencies in making decisions about service delivery. We will continue to update families with new information and decisions as they are made.
Sign up for parent updates below!